Delicate layers of phyllo make a tasty crust for this delicious apple and cranberry pie
- 12 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- PAM® Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 5 medium McIntosh apples, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (5 med = about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Confectioners' sugar, Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut 10-inch square from each sheet of phyllo; discard trimmings. Spray 1 phyllo square evenly with cooking spray; top with a second phyllo square. Spray evenly with additional cooking spray. Repeat layers with 4 of the remaining phyllo squares, continuing to spray each layer with additional cooking spray. (You will have a stack of 6 phyllo squares.) Place phyllo stack in 9-inch pie plate, allowing corners to hang over edge of plate. Cover with damp paper towel; set aside. To make top crust, repeat layering with remaining 6 phyllo squares. Cover with damp paper towel; set aside.
- Place apples in large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice; toss to coat. Mix granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg until well blended; sprinkle over apples. Add cranberries; toss lightly. Spoon into crust; fold corners of crust over filling. Place top crust over filling; gently tuck corners of phyllo layers from top crust between side of pie plate and bottom crust. Cut through top crust with sharp knife to form 6 wedges.
- Bake 1 hour, or until golden brown. Cool. Sprinkle lightly with confectioners' sugar just before serving, if desired. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||1%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||16%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.