Latin influenced baked custard dessert with caramel syrup and a hint of orange
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 can (12 oz each) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray six 6-ounce custard cups with cooking spray.
- Place 1/3 cup of the sugar in heavy 1-quart saucepan. Heat over medium heat without stirring until sugar is melted and golden brown, swirling pan occasionally to heat evenly. Pour and divide syrup evenly among prepared custard cups. Tilt custard cups to coat bottoms evenly. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, milk, Egg Beaters, vanilla and orange peel in medium bowl; mix until blended. Pour evenly into custard cups. Place custard cups in a roasting pan filled 1-inch deep with very hot water.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of custard comes out clean. Immediately remove from water. Unmold and serve warm, or refrigerate 4 hours and unmold at serving time. Top each flan with a serving of Reddi-wip just before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||7%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||14%|
|Dietary fiber||0 g||0%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.