Traditional baked casserole of spaghetti and chicken in a sherry-Parmesan cheese cream sauce
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 tablespoons Blue Bonnet®-stick, divided (4 tbsp = 1/2 stick)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 oz each) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti, cooked, drained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, optional
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 12x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Melt 2 tablespoons Blue Bonnet in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly (do not allow mixture to brown). Add broth, half-and-half, sherry, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well. Cook 15 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken and comes to a boil; stirring constantly. Add 3/4 cup cheese; cook until melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Blue Bonnet in medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic; stir. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Combine Parmesan sauce, mushroom mixture, cooked spaghetti and chicken in large bowl. Spoon into prepared baking dish; top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
- Bake 20 minutes or until spaghetti mixture is heated through and almonds are lightly browned.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||12 g||19%|
|Saturated fat||5 g||25%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||8%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.