Fresh Tomato Pasta Saute
Tomatoes, onions, garlic and basil are sautéed and served over rotini pasta.
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (2 tsp = about 4 med cloves)
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped (1 lb = about 3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 med = about 1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta, uncooked
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Add garlic; cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes, onions, 2 tablespoons of the basil, the salt and pepper; stir. Cover. Cook 15 minutes, or until onions are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Begin cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta; place in large serving bowl. Spray evenly with cooking spray; toss to coat. Top with the tomato mixture; sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons basil.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||2 g||4%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||15%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.