Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches
Fresh tomatoes and basil fill this grilled sandwich made with mozzarella and provolone cheeses
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 slices (1 oz each) part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 thin slices (3/4 oz each) provolone cheese
- 8 slices Italian bread
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Sprinkle garlic salt over tomato slices on plate.
- Layer basil, mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese and tomatoes on 4 of the bread slices; cover with remaining bread slices. Spray outsides of sandwiches evenly with cooking spray.
- Cook in large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until sandwiches are golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat||7 g||35%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||6%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.