Hearty Pasta and Cheese Bake
Baked dish of rotini pasta, ground beef, hearty tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes in Sauce, undrained
- 1/4 cup Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (3/4 cup = 3 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 cup = 4 oz)
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Brown meat with onions in large skillet over medium-high heat while pasta is cooking, stirring occasionally to break up the meat. Drain. Add diced tomatoes with their sauce, the tomato paste, water, parsley, salt and black pepper; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add to tomato mixture along with the Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until pasta mixture is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||14 g||22%|
|Saturated fat||7 g||34%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||15%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.