A savory custard enriched with the goodness of spinach in a delicate pastry crust
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust (9-inch), thawed
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 med = 1/2 cup)
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (10 oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup Egg Beaters® Original (1 cup = 8 oz)
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly prick side of pie crust with fork. Bake 5 minutes, or until lightly browned; set aside. Reduce oven to 350°F.
- Spray medium skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat . Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 4 minutes, or until tender. Add spinach; mix well. Spoon into crust.
- Combine Egg Beaters, milk, flour, basil and hot pepper sauce; pour over spinach mixture. Cover edge of crust with foil to prevent over browning.
- Bake 50 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 6 slices to serve.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||17%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||6%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.