Individual tortilla bowls filled with lettuce, seasoned ground beef,
cheese and tomatillo guacamole
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped canned tomatillos
- 1/2 small avocado, pitted, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (3 cloves = about 1-1/2 tsp)
- 1 can (15 oz each) red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Gebhardt® Chili Powder
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunk
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (3/4 cup = 3 oz)
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Prepare Tortilla Cups: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 6 small ovenproof bowls or 16-ounce individual casserole dishes with cooking spray. Brush tortillas with oil. Press, oil-sides up, into prepared bowls. Place a ball of aluminum foil inside each tortilla cup to maintain the bowl shape. Bake 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove foil. Cool completely in bowls on wire racks. Remove tortilla cups from bowls; set aside.
- Prepare Topping: Combine tomatillos, avocado, chilies and garlic salt in small bowl; cover. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Prepare Filling: Brown meat with garlic in medium skillet; drain. Stir in beans, taco sauce, corn and chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss lettuce with tomatoes, bell pepper, onions and cheese in large bowl. Divide lettuce mixture among the 6 Tortilla Cups. Top each evenly with the Filling, then the Topping.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||19 g||30%|
|Saturated fat||5 g||26%|
|Dietary fiber||8 g||31%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.